Working at Center Grove Orchard is almost as fun as visiting! If you love working with people, are friendly, responsible and hard-working, we’d love to have you a part of our CGO family!
We have many opportunities available for our 2019 season! We are looking for students (14 years & older), stay-at-home moms and dads, retirees and anyone else who can contribute to our fall season. The Farmyard season starts September 7, and we are open 9 AM to 7 PM everyday through November 3. Please see below for positions currently open.
We are hosting open interviews for seasonal employment for the fall Farmyard season. Open interviews will be held July 17, 24 and 31 from 4 to 7 PM – no need to schedule an interview time.
If you have any questions, feel free to email [email protected] or call 515-383-4354.
Open Positions & Application
We have many seasonal positions available and we accept applications for those by department. In all positions, we are looking for individuals who are family-friendly, can give customer service with a smile, and be able to assist us in creating memories that last a lifetime. Please see the department overviews below and imagine yourself in each of them. Note those you can see yourself thriving in and be sure to mark those as areas of interest in your online application.
- Admissions – This is the first impression guests have, so your first priority is customer service. You will be standing and sitting in our admission bins, while selling admission tickets on an iPad cashier system and helping guests process entrance into the farm by verifying season pass ownership.
- Bakery – Bakery team members primarily make baked goods in a production format including pies, breads, donuts, pie crusts, and baking pies. These are sold in our retail locations, online, and through custom orders. To be a successful bakery team member you should exemplify an efficient and friendly demeanor, have high energy and stamina, and be a team player.
- Coffee Shop – Our Coffee Shop team members must be energetic and maintain a positive demeanor throughout each shift. This is a fast-paced work environment where customer service and teamwork are paramount to your success as a coffee shop team member. A successful barista is capable of living in the moment and connecting their customers with the right beverage.
- Country Store – Team members here have primarily cashiering duties while maintaining the appearance of the retail location. To do this you will be arranging, stocking merchandise, and maintaining the cleanliness of the store. You will be standing much of the time, selling merchandise, all the while going out of your way to make each of your team members look good.
- Equipment Operator – Equipment operators control and drive equipment used in our hayride, train, and pumpkin valet attractions. These positions require advanced safety training to meet Center Grove Orchard safety requirements. Access to operate equipment will only be granted after successfully completing a driving test.
- Farmyard Attendant – Farmyard team members enjoy working in an outdoor environment and must have a passion for working directly with guests as well as farmyard animals. Your primary focus will be on guest safety and positive, memorable interactions. You will want to dress for all types of weather and be prepared to work independently or as a team.
- Food Service – Working in our on-farm eateries is a tremendous privilege. You will be preparing and cashiering but, most importantly, you will be helping guests by taking orders and serving food. You must be prepared to help serve guests and maintain a clean work environment.
- School Tour Leader – School Tour Leaders are the educators of Center Grove Orchard. Your focus is to teach field trip groups from surrounding school districts about apples, pumpkins and farming. A successful School Tour Leader will come to work eager to make a difference and provide a fun, positive learning environment.
- Volunteer – Center Grove Orchard prides itself on our community involvement and the opportunities we have available for volunteers. Volunteers will work in the trenches, side-by-side with our staff, and go through the same training as a Center Grove Orchard employee. The expectation is that you will work alongside our staff, while representing your organization with honesty and integrity.
Apply now. We recommend reviewing Part 1 and gathering all information before beginning to complete the form. Part 2 must be completed immediately following and will take approximately an additional 10 minutes to complete.
It is the policy of Center Grove Orchard to provide equal opportunity in employment to all persons. An individual shall not be denied equal access to employment opportunities because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or physical or mental disability.
Benefits of Working
Besides being a part of an amazing and fun work family, and being a great place to work, we offer some unique benefits for our staff (besides holding baby goats):
- Flexible schedule around school, full-time jobs, and bridge club
- 30% discount off purchases
- 4 Season Passes for family and friends ($160 value)
- Free Admission for yourself
- Complimentary meals during weekend shifts
- Free apple sling shots
- Complimentary train rides
- Casual work attire
- Flexible work environment—inside or outside
We recommend reviewing Part 1 and gathering all information before beginning to complete the form. Part 2 must be completed immediately following and will take approximately an additional 10 minutes to complete.