Safety During COVID-19
We are grateful for the opportunity to give families something to look forward to, continuing our tradition of providing families a place to make memories to last a lifetime.
The face covering regulation enacted by Story County in October 2020 applies to Center Grove Orchard.
We want you to know what we are doing—and what we are asking of you—to keep our team members, guests and communities safe. Our efforts in addition to the face covering regulation include:
- Asking that all guests practice social distancing between groups and wear a face mask.
- Requiring all staff to wear a face mask or shield while on CGO premises.
- Placing floor markings in the Apple Market store to encourage social distancing between guests.
- Installing social distancing markings and/or signage at confined attractions and lines to encourage guests to distance.
- Adjusting store displays to provide guests and staff with label information without picking up items.
- Placing hand sanitizer at each point-of-sale area and additional locations.
- Sanitizing countertops between each guest.
- Regularly sanitizing frequently used items/areas.
- Providing designated staff break areas to provide relief from face masks while maintaining social distancing.
- Requiring staff members to complete a COVID symptoms questionnaire at the start of each shift.
Further, we are asking you to please know that we are doing our best to follow the guidelines set up by the CDC as well as the Iowa Department of Public Health to ensure that all our guests have a safe and enjoyable experience. The risk of exposure to COVID-19 is higher when visiting any public place and, in choosing to visit, you assume that risk.
We will continue to monitor guidelines and make additions and adjustments to our policies and facilities to support the safety of our team members and guests.
In addition to the above, please note the following for Farm Camp 2021:
Note: These policies and procedures are subject to change. Center Grove Orchard follows any and all guidelines from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH).
By sending your child to Farm Camp, you agree to abide by all of Center Grove Orchard’s policies and procedures regarding COVID-19.
- Any requirements regarding face masks for campers will be determined in May.
- Daily temperature checks upon arrival. Campers with a temperature of 100.4 degrees F or higher will not be permitted to attend camp.
- You will receive a Health Screening Form in your pre-camp information email. This form must be turned in at the start of camp. If you answer “yes” to two or more questions, your camper will not be permitted to attend camp. You must fill out a screening form for each child attending camp.
- Center Grove Orchard Farm Camp staff will complete daily health screenings.
- Camps will have small group sizes. Groups will be distanced from one another as much as possible.
- There will be frequent handwashing with soap and water, or use of hand sanitizer when soap and water are not readily available.
- We have modified activities and crafts, to minimize sharing supplies.
- If your camper is feeling sick in the morning, please refrain from sending them to camp. If they develop symptoms during the day while at camp, they will be isolated and you will be notified.
- Any changes to the policies and procedures will be communicated to you as needed.
Disclaimer regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic
- The COVID-19 Pandemic is ongoing. The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person to person contact.
- Federal and state officials recommend social distancing as a means to prevent the spread of the virus. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness, personal injury, permanent disability, and death.
- Participation in this organization’s programs or accessing their facilities could increase this risk.
- This organization in no way warrants that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in our programs or accessing our facilities.
Please note: Tickets are non-refundable under normal circumstances. However, should we find it necessary to close for reasons of public health, full refunds will be offered for tickets purchased for those events/days.